i need advice..

ok, here is my situation... my SO is the only one with a job because i lost both of mine last year..anyways, i have been filling out applications like crazy and going to interviews and all but noone is hiring and me being pregnant it is hard to find a job. i wann be a SAHMommy but he says we wouldnt be able to have enough money coming in with just his income. i thought abought working at a daycare, but with me working there and my son going all day i wouldnt be making much money and i see no point in working if im not bringing any money in anyways, i might as well stay at home... well since i cant find work i have been trying different things like going to auctions and selling stuff on ebay, and i have also been doing a whole bunch of arts and crafts like crocheting and drawing portaits, and recently i have been learning to airbrush. anyways, i need some advice. what else is something that i can do from home to bring in atleast a little income to where i can be with my angel and not put him in daycare??

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe try watching a child or two in your home? Or working part-time while your SO is home to stay with your son?
    TreseLapish

Answer by TreseLapish at 10:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Same situation here! I only have a high-school diploma and could only get a minimum wage job and would only be able to work part-time anyway. Our son is 2. SO's unemployment is about to run out and his mother keeps making passive aggressive comments about me getting a job, I have been a SAHM, and it is VERY important to me to remain one. bills are piling up, hence his mother's comments! If it came down to it, I would happily go and get such a job but it's just not practical full-time, noone that I trust to watch my son other than his father and his father has two trades (auto-mechanic (and has a long list of loyal clients) and a machinist). He can make more than enough to support us. I would just be getting a job to pay a babysitter, what is the point in that? I have worked GPT and PTC sites for a while, but that was a waste of time for little money. PM me if u want to know more. Good luck!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Get your home inspected and get a license to open a daycare (even one or two kids) in your home.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Watch someone else's child if you can handle it, that usually pays good money.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Avon, Amway, Papmered Chef, Creative memories... and they have options to do a website, so you can do social networking, add to siggy, etc.

Babysit or offer a laundry service (wash, dry, fold)... can put up flyers, even at public laundry mats!

Babysit, clean houses, and can even post on Craigs List free, and sometimes penny Saver will have cheap ads
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh, and if you do not live in California like me... sell blood/plasma??? They banned geting pai in our state so less people are willing to do it
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh, and Leslie Truex was a featured Work At Home site http://workathomesuccess.com on the local news to help find legitimate companies and match you with skills you have
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hope I was of at least a little help... ~*Hugs*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Daycare is not cheap. Even if you got a job, more than likely it will take every cent you make to pay for daycare. I'd stay home for a while. It's hard to get a job while you are pregnant. People will be less likely to hire you because they know eventually you will have to take maternity leave. Wait a while, it's your best bet.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2011