Mary-Kay,,, Avon,,, what type of at home business can I do?

Young mom looking to make money while finishing my degree... Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I sell Mia Bella Candles. They also have a cosmetic line and bath and body products. You can check out my site if you're interested.

www.sensationalscent.scent-team.com

If you have any questions, just let me know. I'd be happy to help you get started!

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I work with Internet CEO Moms! I love it, it's a lot of fun! I do it while I'm home with my two little ones. I'm working at my nursing degree slowly but surely!

Good Luck!

http://www.internetceomoms.com/lovingeveryminute

Hannah
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 11:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i clean an office building 1 day a week (on the weekend) for a couple hours & get paid very well. you can make your own fliers & pass them out & maybe someone will give u a chance. also i sell on ebay & do very well with that.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Depends on how comfortable you'd be with this, but I heard the big bucks are with PureRomance!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 3:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would highly consider Arbonne. We have always been 10 steps ahead of everyone else in terms of product technology. Arbonne offers products that are botanically based. Our products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, animal products or by-products(we are vegan certified), and many products are formulated without gluten. You are on the right track, this industry is booming and will continue to grow. I would be happy to take you to the top with me. My business is booming. You deserve all the information, please contact me so I can chat. You can check out www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com and www.arbonne.com
    Good luck and God bless!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 4:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• How are your sales skills? How big is your personal network? How do you feel about convincing people to buy things that they don't need?

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce).  http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/  

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products. 

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

• I'm also with Mia Bella's just as MrsMWF is. I don't know what you'd like to sell(if that's what you really want to do) but Mia Bella's offers the best profits that I have found. They have candles, melts, melt warmers, soaps, lotion, and make-up. I've been with Mia Bella's for over 3 years now and LOVE it! I would encourage you to at least check it out, see the compensation plan, and learn about the products. It's a great company with superior support and training! Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!

Becky http://www.howreb.scent-team.com/

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do Lia Sophia and Arbonne!! I love both products, not only is the jewelry from Lia Sophia Lifetime warranty but their jewelry is affordable they always have great sales for the each month and if you don't want to do parties you can always pass around the catalog. ARBONNE is also a wonderful company, this is an health and wellness company and their products are botanically based and they have products for everyone & every skin type. Not only do they have products for skins but also cosmetics and nutrional products. Our products are dermatologist tested, not tested on animals, no mineral oil, no petroleom. I do both because I love the products on both companys. You don't need sales experience to sell the product will sell itself.
    Compensation is wonderful as well, I work from home!!!
    If you have any questions I will be glad to help you. I hope this helps for you.
    christy531

Answer by christy531 at 7:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm a consultant for La Bella Baskets and I make money from home every 2 weeks and very affordable home business:-)
    < a href="http://www.mylabellabaskets.com/lovelygifts.html/">Gift Basket Business For You
    P.M. me if you like more info with your fullname and email address:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011