Ever had a feeling that something is wrong, but not sure why?

My 10 year old come and told me tonight that he had a feeling that something was wrong, but he didn't know what. i know as a parent and 1 who worries way to much how this feels but not sure why he is feeling this way.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 11:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• in what area did he think something was wrong? Like in the home, his body, at school or was it an overall feeling something was wrong? Danger, sickness? Anything? Keep an extra eye on him.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I hate that feeling! But try not to focus too much on it or you both wont get any sleep due to stress!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My dd has never been wrong when she feels like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would hold him and let him know that everything is going to be o.k.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• oh i hate that feeling and i have them feelings myself. The best thing I can do is to focus on something good in my life and it seems to fade.
    Barbara1970

Answer by Barbara1970 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My 14 yr old son told me this weekend that his science teacher makes him feel uneasy. He said his teacher keeps trying to get one of the boys to stay after, and it just doesn't feel right to him, and his friends. I told him that he is to just do the work, participate in class, but to NEVER be alone with this man. I plan to call the principal tomorrow. I always had a bad feeling, and now I know why... I hope it's nothing, but I also don't want to let it go, and then something does happen and I could have prevented it.
    Anonymous

• Sure did, I was very restless one night. I couldn't read my paper, I couldn't sit and drink my tea, my stomach was slightly upset. I was going to call my 20 yr old DD to tell her to come home or see what she was up to, but I didn't. This was abt 8 to 8:30 P.M the Police came to our door around 9:30 and told us she had been killed around 8:30 in a car accident. The worst feeling knowing inside that I knew something was wrong with my child and not knowing what, or how to resolve it. Always follow your Motherly instinct, that's why GOD gave it to us!!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i'm sorry for your loss myangel :(
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• His aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer, we have tried to explain and be truthful about things, but not sure how much of it he really gets. He sometimes just starts to cry and says that he can't stop crying and doesn't know why, he says he starts to think about me and he cries. i have explained to him that things will be ok. Some of this went on before his aunt got sick, he just seems so sensitive lately.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• he's probably thinking a lot about his aunt and because he's sad he is thinking "what if it was my mom". :(
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011