I need help on going back to school.

Okay so i graduated high school 7yrs ago, i went to college 3yrs ago & got a certificate, it didnt help much, now im in a dead end job& i so deperatly want to go back to school to get a degree. I lookedup the community colleges in my area & im scared as hell.I cant even understand some of these courses& it makes me not want to go back. I feel so dumb, im not educated& i hate it.I want to do more for my kids because they deserve the best and because its my obligation to give them the best, im just scared.I feel as if i need to go back to high school just to get started all over again.Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in

• Call a bunch of different colleges and university and speak with there admissions advisor and see what school has the degree your looking for and what benefits they offer. Go with a school that is willing to help from beginning to end.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have two kids and am in a technical college. I've been to a university but it takes forever to get a degree. And with two kids, i no longer have time to waste. I'm in radiology and it's a 2 year course. My gap for the first time is a 4.0. I love it!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Choose a school in your area like community college. If you want to do it on line look at your in state schools; they will meet any requirements for licensing later on and you will lose fewer credits if you transfer. Next, (or even at the same time) Start your FASFA online. FASFA.gov you can change your school code or add one later but get it done soon because this is the time of year financial aid is renewed, for the 2011-2012 year. You can still get aid if you go half time so do not let this worry you. The main thing is that you do not put it off. If you do not have a major picked out, start with classes that you are interested in; the rest will come.
    Good Luck,
    Melody
    Ecopartners@wildblue.net
    Betterchoice

Answer by Betterchoice at 11:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• oops The Financial aid site is http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
    Betterchoice

Answer by Betterchoice at 11:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Call up one of those community colleges, and make an appointment with an academic advisor.

Good luck, and believe in yourself!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You can do it. I am a single mom working 2 part time jobs and I am going back to college. It is tough at first and it is an adjustment but you can do it. First you need to decide what you want to do and then find the college that is right for you. Some technical schools or trade schools are really great as well. Whatever you decide to do give it your all and you will get through it. Good luck mama!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011