are there any grown women out there who've never ever stepped foot in an emergency room?

my BF is 28 and has 4 kids and has never once for any purpose been in an ER. I consider her a rare statistic. Am I wrong? Hell it's only the 23rd day of the new year and I've been in twice. (Once for myself and once to help my Dad when he had a weird reaction to new blood pressure meds)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• I was just typing about how I never had been inside an ER, except for the waiting room. However, that wouldn't be an accurate statement now that I think about it. Last Year (25 years old) I went because I had spotting during my pregnancy. Turned out to be nothing but irritation, but that was my very first trip inside the ER.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Well, that's a good thing I suppose lol
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Let's see, I've only been SEEN in ER twice, once when I was 9 for constipation (extremely embarassing for a 9-year old!) and then when I went into early labor with my son. But, yeah, I've been in there a few times with other people and, well, being a nurse and all, I guess I've been in there a few other times! LOL!

Yeah, i think it's pretty rare (and great!) to be 28 and never been in an ER.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Although I've always worked in an ER, I was never a patient in one until shortly after my 36th birthday when I had a headache and neck ache so bad that everyone thought I had meningitis. But until that time, I'd never been a patient in an ER, even as a kid I'd never been. I did go with my husband once before that because he had chest pain, but even my kids hadn't been to the ER... until very recently, that is.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm 37 and have only been in the ER once, when I was 35, for a friend. I didn't take her, but her bf did - it was for "female problems" so she didn't feel comfortable with him staying in the room with her since they had only been dating a short time.

Answer by missanc at 8:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Thats insane... Ive been too many time to count for my husband, my dad, my children, my brothers, and myself! THATS IMPRESSIVE for sure.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was 26 with my 4th on the way the first time I went, with my DD (she had a seizure). For myself it was almost exactly a year later, when I was 27, and since then I've been there...I think 6 times for myself, and probably another 6 for my kids - in just 3 years :S
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011