Wow... I just read this in my Psych textbook about PMS symptoms

My textbook says that PMS symptoms usually begin AFTER age 20! I don't know about all of you, but my friends and I experienced it at least within the first year of having our periods, most of us had symptoms the first time! That was when we were between 8 and 14. I want to know where they got that info lol.

When did you first experience it?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• Yea, that doesn't seem accurate to me at all. I remember symptoms a week before I got my first period, and every week before every period after that. My three sisters and those that I've talked to all experienced it the first time as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'd like to know who researched that, had to be a man, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• A few years after starting my period so around 15 and I still get them really bad. Are you taking an intro to psych class? I am starting one tomarrow and I'm nervous
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• As soon as I got my period in my teens. I had it so bad, one time my Mom chased me around the house with a bottle of Premsyn PMS pills for me to take...it was take two or I'll probably kill you, HAHAHA!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 3:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Ha! Ha! I think I had more PMS before my 20's than after. I hardly ever have those symptoms anymore. Sometimes I don't even realize it when I've started now where as I could always tell in my teens when my period was a couple days away. From the water retention and mood swings a few days a head to the headache usually the night before and the cramps the first day. I hardly ever get any of that anymore. Wow, are they off!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my oldest daughter is only 12 and she got her first period. Oh my God, i wasn't ready for that bolony this early! lol she is very delevoped for her age. I'm jealous. lol hoping my youngest doesn't have her friend until 18. lol I am glad I had the womanhood talk with them both in advance. i'm such a good mommy! :0) not looking toward the birds and the bees conversation. told my husband he can do it. lol
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 7:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'll be taking intro later lol. This is a lifespan and development class that goes from conception through death.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• honestly dont remember having it so much when i was younger. but probably a little bit of easier crying when on my period or about to start it..but nothing else major
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Wait are they talking about PMS moods or all symptoms? I didn't really have bad moods back then, but I had the WORST cramps ever! I used to throw up. It's been a little better since having a kid.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It's everything, from cramps and water retention to mood swings. Any and every PMS symptom.

My cramps were so bad in high school (and for the first time in a while, this month) that I passed out a few times from them, even after I was put on a prescription pain killer for when things were really bad. My OB/GYN called it something, but now I have no idea what it was that was causing them to be so bad. My cramps were WAY worse than natural childbirth lol. Since giving birth, I've prayed to feel my labor pains again instead of my cramps.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011