How does washing a toy in a pillow case get clean?

I have a pillow pet that got vomited on. I've scrubbed it, but it says to wash inside a closed pillow case. I got the chunks off, but at the same time...the case is getting washed...how is the pillow pet getting cleaned if it still has vomit remains on it? Heck, it'll still get bounced around on the inside of the case if it's closed so really, its getting the inside of the case dirty and the pet doesn't get cleaned...

Can someone please explain this process to me??

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 11:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• idk sorry
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It will get clean. Everything still gets wet and soapy and then rinsed.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I reckon the soap and water penetrate the case and the pet there for getting it clean.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It would seem to me if the inside of your socks get clean, so will the pillowcase and toy. I know what your saying, but I think the washer is powerful enough to do that. Just try it, you'll know if it's clean or not! :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• LOL I know exactly what you mean! I just washed the toy in the tied pillow case, and opened it before the dryer. There were only some little cling-ons, but they were clean cling-ons--and easily came off. There were just a few of them...Then I dried the toy. Thanks for the (happy) memories!
    OldnWiseMom

Answer by OldnWiseMom at 2:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That is how I wash plush toys/animals. I have my Care bears I have had since childhood. They have been stored so they were dusty and dirty so I threw them in a pillow case and they now look brand new. I didn't do them all at once. The water and soap probably penetrate through the case.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011