Does anyone else have issues with lipstick or gloss drying out your lips?

Even if I use balm before, it's like everything makes my lips chap and peel or something! If you've had that problem, did you ever find something that didn't cause that problem?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i use a cocoa butter stick i bought at walmart for my lips and it seems to do the trick, of course thats with exfolliating your lips if theyre extremely dry then applying it on . i usually put it on right before i get in bed for the night i wake up with very soft lips and then i just re apply it every so often throughout the day when i need it.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 6:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i am chap stick queen..lol. i must have one with me all the time. i dont like the feel of NOT having chapstick on. i usually carry carmex. i used to use something called cherry ice that gave a minty feeling, but i never see the stuff for sale anymore.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Have you tried using moisturizing lipsticks and also if you loofa your lips lightly with a soft tooth brush this seems to help lessen flakes.
    Use a little vasoline on your lips a half hour before lightly remove excess and than apply lipstick.
    Good Luck
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yeah I think that the more you use chapstick or lip gloss the more you need it. It seems like whenever I use it for a period of time and them don't use it my lips get dry faster.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If you can't find a beauty product that your interested in HelloKitty1978 it is worth your while to check eBay...I've found lots of discountinued items and/or hard to find beauty items on there. :o)
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I've tried everything I can think of. I keep Chapstick or something like it on my lips at least 20/24 hours a day, I brush over my lips every time they seem to be getting dry then add more balm or whatever, I've tried moisturizing lipsticks (those seem to make it worse, though), I've tried Vaseline, triple antibiotic ointment, Rosebud Salve, and every other lip treatment I could find (Chapstick, Nivea, Blistex, etc.), and the only thing that doesn't dry my lips out is my Chapstick and sometimes a lip stain that I got (I think it's Cover Girl or Maybelline). I find that very odd because of the way it dries and everything.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I recommend Burt's Bees.

I'm currently wearing Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter. I'm 100% satisfied.  

Their Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil is awesome, too.

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/lips-lip-care/

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I buy organic lip balm and lipgloss and my lips are never dry or chapped anymore. You can find good bargains online at drugstore.com
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2011