Race and Relationships

I just stared seeing this guy who revealed to me that he's not ok with mixing races. We're both white but I've dated black guys in the past. In every other way he is great and sensitive and caring. I still find black men attractive is this destined to fail?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Hes racistist..andd thats plain to see..I'd say if u arent..I'd get out now..before future probles arise..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• wow! um i dont think thats a good sign.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yea that's what im afraid of I never want him to say that I disgust him because ive slept with a black man before. He says that he doesn't care what other people do and it's just not for him, but i also know that it turns him off to think that ive been with a black guy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• and what happens if he finds out you've been with black guys?? what happens if it does get serious..you end up getting married..have kids..and your kids have friends of a different race?? not worth it..at all!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• What would he think if he knew you had dated outside of your race?  Do you think that he wouldn't be okay with that?  I'd guess no since he made the statement that he doesn't think it's okay.  You should never be ashamed of who you are and you wouldn't be able to tell him everything about yourself. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Def a warning sign.Obviously who would I be to tell you not to date this man, but if you stand firm on what you believe in...then he needs to go. I could never be with a man that says that. Go find you some chocolate. ;) their sweeter anyways. You know the chocolate that is. lol.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yeah that will not go far. People like that are very small-minded and ignorant. And I am pretty sure, in the future, he will throw it in your face that you've been with a black guy. You don't want to be with a racist forever do you?
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would run from him he sounds like he is hiding other things himself. How can you be with someone who you cannot share everything about yourself for fear of how they will act??
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Honestly, I wouldn't be as concerned that he would find it 'disgusting that I had been with a back man' I would be worried that he would try and pass that mentality onto my children
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• He knows my ex is black that's how it came up. I'm not hiding that from him, but at the same time it's no secret that he doesn't agree with. And I do love chocolate! "The darker the berry the sweeter the juice." I think that only time will tell if he can get over it. And I did talk to him about what if we have kids and those kids date our of their race. He said it's their life they can choose to date who they want.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011