placenta problems help plz...

ladies i am 28 weeks and just had my doc apt well earlier in the pregnancy they had told me the placenta was bleeding and had me come back for another ultra sound and now they say that the baby is still underweight for how far i am and they are worried about me going into pre mature labor and i am scared is there anything i can do to help this baby gain some weight since the placenta is not working right?? my sis in law was telling me to eat a peanut butter sandwich a day cuz it sticks and what about ensure (the drink) cuz that has a lot of vitamins in it

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 11:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• honestly the best thing you can do is just try and stay pregnant as long as possible to give baby the best chance at being able to breath being small is a big deal but his lungs are even bigger of a issue. I had placenta issues with my second child and he held on till 38weeks he was born at 6lbs. Just try and increase your calorie intake daily and take your vitamins. lay on your left side to help with blood flow and put your feet up.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had placenta problems and you just have to hope that everything works out. You could pack calories hopefully it helps. Ask the doctor to give you steroidsif they can for babies lungs just in case
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• im not sure..i had low placenta, & also neededto take progestern suppositories for a while. but my son came out finr. i needed a c section because of the placenta being low, & risk of it being in the way ?? i was happy to have a c-section. to me it sure beats pushing out a baby for hours, my 1st son was a long hard labor
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011