how can you trust the bible ?

it was not written by god correct it was by people who where there right? that means man and honestly how can you trust it it isnt like they walked around with a pen and a pad and wrote down everything that was said and who ssaid it really tell me what you did 3 weeks ago at 445 pm on thursday if you want something to belive in why not the book of mormon at least that was only translated once straight from god

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL while I see your point totally, I still don't trust the book of mormon fully either

all religious books have great values and lessons in them, but I honestly know that man wrote all of them so they are fallible
    Anonymous

• thats what i ment but everyone say the book of mormon was translated once lol it was all i could think of .. but that is my point lol .. ive never read it im not mormon lol
    Anonymous

• and when I say all religious books, I did mean ALL all religions, not just Christianity based :)
    Anonymous

• oh i know it lol my dad was telling my all the sacrite(SP?) of wicca lol i just lauhged and said how is it so when a man thought it up lol
    Anonymous

• It's called having faith. It is THAT simple. You don't bash other religions and call yourself a Jesus believing anything, cause it's just hypocritical.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:09 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i never said i belived in jesus where does it say that? so how does that make me hyprocritical ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It was written by man, but inspired by the Holy Spirit :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• yup you are right vbruno its called faith
    Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (KJV)
    This is my faviorte verse
    Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (KJV)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• OP - to make your question even more substantial, the New Testament was written a hundred years after Jesus died. The Old Testament even longer after the actual events. The identities of some of the authors are still unknown. It is very curious.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• lol thanks jcsscfam5 i wasnt tring to make others belive what i belive i just wanted to know how can you trust it when most people these days cant remember what they did 3 days ago i doubt people back then where any diff you know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2008