when is the labour going to start?

when have you started getting ready for labour? I am 35 weeks today and I am just wondering when is it going to happen? With ny first one I had to be induced,so I don't know the natural way. What was your experience? I live 1.20 min away from the hospital. My parents in law live 5 min away from it and my doctor's office is in their town. I am just wondering when do I have to move with them,to be closer to the hospital? What early signs have you had few weeks before you had your baby?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is going to be gross but I am going to tell you anyways.  Right before I went into labor with all 3 of my kiddos my body "cleansed itself", lol.  I was on the toilet nonstop the entire day before I had them.  :)  Gross but true.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh, and I had a seriously anxious feeling. I can't explain it, it was just there.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't move in with them. You will know you are in labor and typically have time to prepare and get to the hospital in time to deliver. I live that far away from the hospital and have made it for 3 of my pregnancies. One was a fast labor but we still make it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My mucous plug came out about 2 weeks before, and my doctor told me I was already dilating 1 cm at my 36 week appointment. However, the actual labor part-- I had no clue. At exactly 37 weeks, my water broke at 5 am. I thought I had wet the bed. All I could think of was "damn... I'm already farting, belching, waddling, and spilling every meal on my shirt.... now I gotta lose bladder control, too!"

When I pulled the sheets back to get out and change them, I noticed that my pee was pink with blood... and I still had to pee. So I figured it was my water. I called the hospital, and they told me to come right away. 15 hours later, I had to be induced with pitocen.

With your first-- you probably will have more time that you expect. It's the subsequent ones that you'll want to have easy access.

Good luck!

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2011