Has any other moms chose to use vyvanse ADD medication for their child!!

how did it work for other people or what is some advice!

mccullough08

Asked by mccullough08 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My autistic son is on vyvanse and abilify and vyvanse is a WONDER drug!He still eats plenty,he is not losing weight but he can focus.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 11:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My child isn't the one on Vyvance...I am. I am in my early 30's and have struggled with ADHD since the begining of time. I'm not quite sure it is working. I am on a low dose so I am going back to ask to have the dose increased. Its embarassing because I worked with kids who were living with ADHD. But I can honestly say I'm not the best judge of my own preformance. I'm still so scattered brained. I have more energy but still no real focus. I wish my weight could go down by 10 pounds but alas...I'm not that lucky.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My oldest was on Adderall and when Vyvanse came out our pediatrician recommended we try it because it had less side effects that many kids have like upset stomachs and headaches. We tried it and it seemed to do well for him. But it was hard to come by on short notice with the pharmacy. We took him off all meds recently while he was at a group home for one on one treatment (he is also Bipolar) and the dr there put him back on only Adderall to get through school. No problems so far.
    We have now choosen the Vyvanse for our youngest son who was just diagnosed ADHD this week. We pick up the prescription today. We choose it because we didnt want him to have tummy problems or headaches at school starting out on a medicine.
    doublesmitty26

Answer by doublesmitty26 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my 8 year old son is on this med for adhd. It has worked the best of any they have tried so far. no side effects yet.
    bellabuddybug

Answer by bellabuddybug at 8:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2008