Why get defensive???

i'm 20 weeks pregnant. i LOVE for anyone to notice my tummy getting FAT. i LOVE for anyone to ask how far along i am. and after the baby, i will repost this question and add that i LOVE for people to ask that same question, just so i can say that my daughter is already here. people don't comment on your pregnancy bump to offend u, it's just good conversation, and i highly doubt some ladies should be getting as angry about the comments from others as they do. i see y ppl that aren't pregnant get defensive, but if u are pregnant, embrace it, it's a good thing, and few ppl out there comment on how HUGE getting with the intention of hurting ur feelings or ticking u off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I used to get offended. I never seen the reason why people have to point things out. It was one thing to be told " you look so cute!" but it is another when someone say "oh my goodness, you are huge!" To me that is just rude! I don't say, " oh my goodness you are going bald, or gaining weight, etc. I don't know, that's just the way I felt. It coulda been the hormones though!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I DONT GET OFFENDED REALLY I JUST HATE WHEN PEOPLE STARE AT ME I LOOK AT THEM AND SAY WHAT NEVER SEEN A PREGNANT WOMAN BEFORE LOL
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I dont like it when people point it out. I have some extra pounds to begin with and I got big early on. People would ask me when I am due and I would tell them and then they would say "wow, your huge, You must be having twins" and I would just say, nope just one, then they would say "I think the Doctors wrong...I would keep telling them nope, just the one...what really gets them is when I say "Well, I was fat to begin with, does this help explain things to you or do you need to insult me more"
    Anonymous

• I never got offended if they pointed out the fact that I was preggars. My pet peeve is people being touchy feely, I hated when people that I didnt know or didnt like would come up and touch my belly. Pissed me off. I will never forget this one co worker came up to me put her arm around me and started rubbing my belly I literally picked her hand up and pushed her off. Just because I was preggars didnt mean I had a sign that said touch me. but thats just me
    Anonymous

• Well....with the few wacko nut jobs out there that stalked preggo women and then killed them to cut the baby out of them and steal it, I can see why they would get defensive about a stranger asking. This is a CRAZY world we live in these days. Try not to worry what other people get upset about. Be happy with your growing baby bump. Ignore the others who get offended about it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I never minded the comments during pregnancy, it was the day I came home from the hospital with her and stopped to get my mail...my neighbor said "STILL HAVEN'T HAD THAT BABY YET!!!"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It gets old. Wait until you're further along in your pregnancy and larger. The comments will become more annoying...Some comments really are rude.
    CassandraLeeMN

Answer by CassandraLeeMN at 3:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2008