8 month old wont stop crying

My 8 month old doesn't stop screaming and crying at night. Wont take her bottle.... refuses to sleep in her crib or the pack and play in mine and DH's bedroom. I pick her up shes fine... i put her down she screams even if i dont leave the room. I'm sorry but i'm pregnant and dont feel like holding her for hours on end. She did have 2 teeth cut through... im not sure if maybe its just teething.... or maybe even separation anxiety... but i need to get some sleep and DH is military so he has to get up super early. Last night she had a temp of 101.6 we gave her tylenol and let her run around without a diaper and i sat her in the shower with me to help cool her off and that brought it right down. But i cant think of anything... this has been going on for 2 weeks.... only at night or naptime and i have not experianced this with my 2 year old.... any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put her in bed with you. Wear her during the day. She can't help that you are pregnant. Maybe she is sensing your stress and is acting out from it. Maybe you need to spend more time holding her during the day so she won't think you are abandoning her at night. Kids are hardwired to want near you at all times. And especially since you are stressed and pregnant...she is going to want you more.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I bumped...Really don't know the answer to this one???
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Teething hurts them more at night because the pressure builds up in their heads. My son is cutting a tooth and is up every hour. Hopefully it will pass but you might want to take her to her doc just to make sure it isn't something more serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I medically can't wear her at this point and im not supposed to even be picking her up according to my doctor... but that doesn't mean i dont i mean kind of a unrealistic medical restriction with having two small kids.... i just dont want her to get used to everytime she cries she gets held and its not like we dont play with her during the daytime... she even has a little comfort toy now .... but no matter how tired she gets after we play and i even get her 2 y/o sister to help play with her... she just screams the second i put her down for a nap or bed... i feel bad if i put her in her and her sisters room cause her sister looks at me like "why mom? I cant sleep with her acting like that..."
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Cosleep

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Babies don't get used to you picking them up. They can't do anything but cry to let you know something is up. She may cry because she needs to move or has to pee...who knows, she can't tell you. The more she is held, the more she is confident in the fact that her needs will be met. By NOT holding her, you aren't teaching her that she can't have her way, you are teaching her that her needs don't matter and no amount of communication will help. You are also teaching her that her caregivers aren't reliable and that anything can happen to her and no one will come. They don't think like and adult.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011