can drinking too much pop and/or being dehydrated cause UTI's and/or Yeast Infections?

I'm a college student and I have a terrible diet....I drink way too much pop and rarely ever any water. I drank all weekend on top of this and now I'm all itchy and have more discharge than normal...could this be caused by dehydration and too much pop/alcohol? I'm also getting ready to start my period in the next two days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• Yes.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, both. Soda is notorious for causing UTI's, and all the sugar in them can feed yeast infection as well. Cut out the sode, drink ,ore water, and will find that your problem won't keep returning. Go to your GYN and get tested just to be sure, and get some meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yup, both of them can cause that.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes-
    If you think you have a UTI- 2 OTC meds can help you temporarily until you can get in to see an MD- Uristat and Cystex-both are sold at most pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, Target). Also up your intake of water and cranberry juice- add Tylenol for pain relief.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes, I've heard that some soft drinks can cause kidney stones and anything sweet can feed the yeast that is already in your body from what you eat or in your case, if you're drinking beer, also drink. So, you definitely need to go to the doctor to find out exactly what you have and please drink more water. Drinking more water can keep you from having a lot of problems later.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• not drinking enough fluids can
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes and yes.
    Drink water

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes it can. It can also cause kidney stones OUCH!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2011