Anyone know of a place to get a wooden bunk bed/dresser at a good price?

I've been looking online for wooden bunk beds, and the sheer numbers to choose from are astounding!! I need to buy my kids a bunk bed with my tax return, but because I lost my job close to mid-year, I may not get as big a refund...but my boys are outgrowing their toddler beds (they're 8 & 4 and short, but still ). I want furniture-store quality...so walmart and the like is out of the question for this purchase, as I'm hoping to have the furniniture last through their teen years. Any suggestions are helpful!! Oh, yard sales around here don't usually have stuff like this, and because of some of the neighborhoods, a lot of the parents let the kids thrash their stuff anyway.

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 12:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Shopping

• I was going to suggest Walmart because ours has lasted 3 years and still sturdy, but we haven't turned them into separate beds yet to see if they'd still last. I'd suggest craigslist or ikea maybe. Ebay? Not sure.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Last year I went to slumberland and bought a twin over full for my 6 yr old son and it was $400 they also had the ones with the dresser under and those were the same price but I didn't need the dresser. it has been very sturdy and able to stand up to his climbing ways, lol
    But i do know what you mean by the internet having way to much out there...it was overwhelming for me and kind of fun to see what was out there.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What color, whats the price limit? like between $200 to $500? U want twin size bunk beds?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• twin over twin bunk beds. their room is small so I'd like to save space, but I don't know whether it'd be more cost-effective to fork out extra money for that or just buy a seperate dresser....cuz we could use the drawers underneath, but then again there's always stuff from say, container store or something to use as storage. Price would be about what you mentioned...also some places throw in mattresses, others not, and they run around $80.
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think I found what u want.......I can e-mail it to u for info the price is $580, and its very nice..........with storage
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• even has an optional trundle bed
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Here is the basic info, no matteress tho'

"The Jake Twin over Twin Bunk Bed makes a smart and stylish addition to any kids room. It's constructed of durable pine wood with a burnished pine finish for a warm, cozy look. This twin over twin bunk bed boasts a classic, Mission-inspired design with vertical slats on the headboards and footboards. The optional under-bed trundle unit provides additional sleeping space and three generously sized drawers for storing everything from clothing to toys. The upper bunk features guard rails for added security, while the matching, five-rung ladder makes climbing into bed safe and easy. This kids bed is suitable for standard twin mattresses."
    Dimensions:

■Bed: 80.75L x 44.25W x 72H inches
    ■Trundle: 74L x 42.87W x 16.5H inches
    We take your family's safety seriously. That's why all of our bunk beds come with a bunkie board, slat pack, or metal grid support system.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• More specifics:
    Dimensions & SpecificationsFinish~~~~~ Burnished Pine,
    Feature -Storage Drawers
    Wood Type --Solid Pine
    Brand---Powell
    Bed Material----Wood
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Ikea
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well my kids have a Wal-Mart set and I am thrilled with it. It's equal quality to what we saw in furniture stores for 10x the price. If you want quality, but not discount, you're going to have to watch your sales.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011