HOW CAN I TELL MY MOM THAT IT HURTS ME

WELL MOST MY MOTHER AM A VERY YOUNG MOTHER WELL MOMMY TO BE AM 17 YEARS OLD ABOUT TO BE 18 BUT IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE MOST OF MY FAMILEY SUPPORT ME ..ONLY A FEW MY MOM WHEN I NEED HER THE MOST IS LIKE SHE TURNS HER BACK ON ME SAYING THAT I SHOULD GIVE MY DOUGHTER FOR ADOPTION AND MY DOUGHTER CANT CALL HER GRANDMA OR NOTHING LIKE THAT AND HER SIDE OF THE FAMILEY DONT LIKE THE IDEA THAT AM KEEPING HER ..THE ONLY SUPPORTING PEOLE ARE MY DADS SIDE OF THE FAMILEY MY MOM WORRIES TO MUCH WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY ABOUT US I LOVE HER Y WOULD U WORRY FOR KNOW SHES NOT LETTING ME GO OUT N WHEN MY DOUGHTER WAS BORN SHE WANTED TO HIDE HER ..HOW CAN I TELL MY MOM SHES HURTIN ME

SMILEY102

Asked by SMILEY102 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• just by simply telling her thats all you really can do.
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Even though it's probably most difficult, sitting her down and saying "Mom, I really need you right now - I'm scared and it hurts me when this happens." is probably the best bet! It's hard to do that - even at my age it can be hard to have those discussions with people but it's usually best in the end.

Good luck, hun :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i will talk to you as if you where my daughter
    i wanted more from you to finish school yes i am mad but you don't understand i wanted you to have better life then i had
    oh i love you so much it hurts ,as mother i failed you i should been there to get you ready for life to teach you all about sex what boys wanted .but i had other things on my mind and now when you need you me more then ever i turn my back ,yes i worried what other think but i forget that it is you and my grand daughter comes first please forgive me .you have to remember that some times as mothers we forget what is the most inportant things in our lives and we seem to hurt the ones we love

now i to had son who had a child when he was 15yrs old yes as a mom i failed him i ask forgiveness your mom really loves you and in time she will forgive you and if she doesn't there enought mom's on here would love your mom
    i always wanted other daughter and talk to your
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• to your dad and his family they will help you no matter what take care and let me know how things go
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Honey, you have to understand that your Mother had so many dreams for you, and now she's hurting because you have taken this detour. I would get back to school as soon as possible, let your Mom know this is in your plans. Talk to her about her dreams and expectations of you, and try to reassure her and mean it. Girl, follow through on what you tell her you will do. I think if she see's that you aren't going to be a welfare mom, and that you are willing to work to give your child a future, she will come around. As far as worrying about what everybody else will think, she has to realize that every body will think worse of her if she abandon's you and this baby! You have to also realize that you made the decision to be a woman, now you have to step up to the plate and take big girl responsibility for the baby, and the rest of your life. You probably don't realize what you have given up by choosing this route, (cont)
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• just tell her
    pse07

Answer by pse07 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• But your Mom knows all too well, and her heart is breaking for you. My daughter had her first child at 16, and a second at 17, and still finished her GED, with both kids. Not the path I would have chosen for her, but she did it, and I am very proud of her. As you will understand as soon as you have your baby, there will be things you want him/her to do, to accomplish, and to be. Give your Mom a big hug, telll her thank you for being your Mom, and good luck sweetheart. If she doesn't come around when you have the baby, you can move in with your father's family maybe. But really try to work this out. You need your Mama now, more than ever! Tell her that.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've actually changed my mind, over the years, about the 'problem' of teen moms. There is so much about 'graduating' and 'ruining your life' that I really think is over the top.

I think it is a tragedy, in a culture that actually ever says 'family values' or pretends to believe 'our children are our future' can consider it the ruination of a life to have a baby --at any age. I would prefer to live in the universe where every baby is a wonderful gift to the world, a cause for celebration and the thrilling miracle that it is.

There is a very strange belief that education is only valuable if it's completed by 18, or 26 (for post-grad) and that, to me, says something not very flattering about the education in question. Why does it HAVE to be done in a 13 year run starting at 5? Why does college have to come immediately after, and OMG! BEFORE children? College doesn't improve parenting... or fertility.

We have a very odd world.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Talk with her let her know how much she is hurting you tell her you really need her support. aSK her if she wants her grandchild to growup not knowing his grandmother I hope you have college in your future becase when I was a single mom with a degree and a job it was hard. Set goals for yourself and let your mom know about this. I am glad you are not having an abortion its a choice you may really regret. At 18 you are an adult and are capable of taking care of a baby, it wont be easy but its really worth it! Good luck, your mom will come around-shes your mom how could she desert you? Good luck I hope you have all you need physically emotionally ans spirtitually! God Bless You and your baby.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011