Do you live in a Trailer Home? If so how is the living there?

would you rather live in a trailer home or a non trailer home?

Sakinsglow

Asked by Sakinsglow at 1:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in

• My hubby and I have wanted to buy one for the last 5 or so yearsyears. Neither of us have ever lived in one, but we've looked at a lot of models and really like the double-wides. I don't care for the idea of living in a trailer park, though. Have been through some nice ones, much nicer than the apartment complexes we've been in for the past several years (lost our home of 21+ years to foreclosure). Since we did have our own home, we really don't want "close" neighbors anymore! Also, some trailers are manufactured to really LOOK like "real" homes before you get them!
    lakotakat

Answer by lakotakat at 5:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't live in one at present but I have before. I would again, as well. I don't think I'd particularly want to live in a "trailer park" but I suppose there are nice ones - on the same token, I wouldn't want to live in an apartment complex either - just comparing the two because of the proximity of neighbors, etc.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think that the manufactured homes they have today are really nice. I have a regular house, but I wouldn't have an objection to a trailer.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I grew up in a trailor home with 4 brothers. Luckily our dad was a skilled construction worked so he built a house around it adding more rooms and making look like a normal home. I didn't have no complaints growing up in a trailor, most of my friends grew up in trailors also.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @ AAA Momma was there running water and heat in your Trailer home? Did you own your trailer home? Thanks
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @ Busimommi do you know anyoe who personally live in one? I'm considering purchasing one. Thanks
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ROFL ok I didn't live in a shanty or a box.... it was a real home - yes there was running water and heat. No, we didn't own it, we rented.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @AAA Mamma oh ok lol sounds nice though!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @ Charmed thats sweet I am really considering purchasing one lol rent is to high these days lol
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i have always lived in trailers pretty much my whole life! i like them no problems with them
    CarrelMom27

Answer by CarrelMom27 at 4:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2011