Embarrassing Moment

My son, who is almost 3, is a neat freak because I am. The other day, when going to get his hair cut, he walked into the salon and saw all the hair on the floor and yelled, "It's DIRTY in here!"

What embarrassing things have your children said in public?

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• OMG! I doubt this happened to anyone here on cm . my sweet daughter told the water areobic (sp.?) teacher that I couldn't get into the pool because I was "oozing". I was so embarrassed at that moment!!!! My face was beet red . funny now though. ( :V8) lol
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 12:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My daughter had just turned three and just started preschool Sunday School. We had just had a talk with her that week about appropriate touch after seeing something on Dr. Phil. We ended up telling her that no one should touch her privates, except Mom and Grandma and only when we are helping her wash in the tub. So in Sunday School, her teacher asked the kids what they saw in the poster she just hung up. My daughter raised her hand high, and when the teacher called on her, she announced, "My Grandma touches my privates!"
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 2:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My 4 year old and I were in the grocery store and walked paste the ice cream section. He asked me if we could get some and I told him no we had some in the freezer at home. So were were just finishing at the checkout and this man and his son walk up and put their 10 or 12 small containers of ice cream on the counter. My son sees they are getting ice cream and lecture the other little boy " you only get 2 we have some at home" Then he sees they have more than 2 containers and really lays it on the other little boy "you eat all of that?" wails and lets out a screech "momma he's gonna be really fat" turns back to the other little boy "you gonna be really fat I will eat some of your ice cream so you don't get fat, ok" then he tries to take some of their ice cream.
    Needless to say I had to get him out the door by promising a small bowl of ice cream when we got home if he quit bothering the other little boy.
    tyandlukesmom

Answer by tyandlukesmom at 2:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son has been on "manners patrol" much to my embarrassment! He informed my niece at Christmas dinner that she needed to stop that smacking because it was gross.

Needless to say, we've had several discussions since that smacking IS bad manners and it's not so pleasant to eat around someone who eats loudly - but telling them (especially where everyone else can hear and may embarrass them) is also TERRIBLY rude and we can't do that.

AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm Native American, and proud of it. My sister finally brought her family to visit us, and since there was a very large community Pow-Wow going on, she wanted to attend. Her kids didn't really know the fact they were "part-Indian," so she decided that they should finally attend such a gathering. The only things they knew about Indians was what they had been exposed to via TV, etc.

We arrived before the festivities started, so that we could get a chance to meet with old friends. We were all sitting on folding chairs, chatting away, when her 7 yr old son (he was bored) interrupted his mom with a LOUD QUESTION, "But Mom, WHERE are all the Indians??" Ala Jack Benny-style, witht he folded arms and funny look on his face. Everyone burst out laughing, thankfully, because we then realized that no one was in their DANCE REGALIA yet, but just normal everyday clothes!! He was obviously looking for feathers and warpaint!!
    lakotakat

Answer by lakotakat at 3:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son, who was almost 2, while we were standing in line at the grocery store, patted my chest and said (very loudly) "Mommy, you have huge boobs!" i am a large breasted woman, but that was just terrible!!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We recently went to a dunkin donuts and the woman behind the counter was getting our doughnuts and our 6 year old grand daughter asked the woman "did you draw your eyebrows"?
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• While shopping in JC Penny the other day, my 16 month old son decided to show off his new vocabulary and told everyone he saw to "SHUT UP!" Our sitter has a new puppy and her husband was yelling at the dog to stop barking. He forgot little sponges soak up everything!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Never had an embarassing moment
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011