Can I get my high school diploma even though I got my GED?

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in

• ~*Yes*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes.

A GED is more like a first aid certificate than a diploma... and by many employers, seen as worth a lot less than a first aid course. Of course if you have any plans to 'go on' in education, save your time and effort and just go to college without doing anything else first -it's cheaper and the high school stuff is mostly either wrong or out of date, and you have to learn all over again anyhow.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Go to a community college and take the basic courses. They have all levels of math and english and science. Or check out the adult education centers in your area. They usually offer classes to help you get caught up. Good luck!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Call local high schools and ask...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've been to college before, but I didn't know most of the material, so I need to catch up on my work.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would call the adult alternative school about that because you can either get the general education deploma or go throught the four years of adult ed and get your highschool diploma
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• yes u can! It will help you get into certain colleges and may help with some jobs.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I got my GED when I was 19, but it doesn't make up for the gaps in my education. I know that in order for me to succeed in college I have to learn the things that I missed in my childhood years.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011