Where were you at when you went into labor?

I was SUPER freaked out about this when I was pregnant, but ended up having to be induced. I was terrified my water would break at a store and I would be embarrassed or something, but now I kind of feel like I missed out and wonder what my story COULD have been.

Please share!

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was induced and she was 16 days late... they had 3 nurses pushing down on my chest to get her out after an emergency c-section... she's 14 1/2 now - sometimes I think if they didn't drag her out, I'd still be carrying her around in there - lol
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Home in bed, both times
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was sleeping on the couch when my water suddenly broke with my first. My couch was soaked. With my second my contractions started while I was getting my hair cut and I was by myself and had to drive home. My water broke while I was walking down the stairs at my house. It was awful...water pouring over the stairs. Both times I had to use a huge towel between my legs so I didn't soak the car lol.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• only went into labor with my first but i was at home sleeping it happened in the midde of the night i woke up with contractions.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My water broke in bed. I made the mistake of going to the hospital once I figured out what it was, and had my first contraction there. I wish I had stayed home until I was in active labor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• number one child in home water broke 6hrs later son was born in hospital
    2-child water broke while hubby yelled 5hrs later son was born in hospital
    3-child 7months along walk home from the doctor office water broke walk to hospital son 4hrs
    4-child drank fish oil baby water broke in hospital 2hrs later daughter was born
    5-child broke on our farm 1hr away from hospital baby was coming out made it in the nick of time sil drive like crazy woman
    took us 30min to hospital 45min later baby nick was born
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• In the hospital. I was induced both times.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was also induced both times.... I was so OK with that!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My water never broke until I was in the hospital bed...but my contractions always started in the middle of the night in bed...then we would go to the hospital and then the water would break when I was almost fully dialated
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• At home, but I went to my nutrition class before the hospital lol :)
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2011