I need some great gnoche recipes can anyone help me out?

I'd like something very basic and then just give me whatever you like the best.

tyandlukesmom

Asked by tyandlukesmom at 1:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ingredients
    2 cups heavy whipping cream
    1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate
    Directions
    1.Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a large stainless steel bowl.
    2.In a large, high sided saucepan, heat cream over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until it starts to boil. At this point, the cream will want to boil over, so keep an eye on it! Immediately remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate.
    3.Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely and then store in refrigerator. Ganache can be reheated in a stainless steel bowl over hot, but not boiling, water.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• R U and chocolate lover?? Lots of chocolate?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• what do u want to drizzle the gnoche over? Are u whipping it as filling or icing, or just pouring over a cake?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I pretty much just want to learn the basics but would love to have an arsenal or recipes to try when I get the basics mastered.
    tyandlukesmom

Comment by tyandlukesmom (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my mom, g-great grandma and my grandma taught me how to cook...........been cooking food since I have been 17 I am 36 now. With baking, that is harder thrn just cooking dinnr or something. In some things when u r baking, and if r not following the Ingredients
    exactly, it will not come out as u hoped! I make a cake without it falling to save my ass!! So have u ever made this stuff? There are many different ways of doing this recipe. U xan make Truffles, or using it as a glazing, or as a filling.

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Um, are you talking about gnocchi (the little pasta-like things) or ganache (the chocolate topping)? Because I've never heard of gnoche, and nothing comes up when I google it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @anon--Knowing me I probably mispelled it, but ya it can be used for more drizzling cause its very rich sometimes, u also can as I said abouve make truffles and such, whip it and make a mousse. Ganache btw, lol. Hey, google fixed it so I wasn't paying attention.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011