house break a puppy???

i can't get my puppy to go outside. he doesn't like to go out in the rain. any ideas. i feel bad always letting him in the cage.

mygirlsrock00

Asked by mygirlsrock00 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pets

• My pup still does this and has been trained for almost a year now! Take him out in the rain on a leash and stand there until he goes.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• take him outside every hour or so. let him sniff dif areas. even if it's rainin. and wait till he goes. and when he does, give him praise, esp with the word pee, or however u refer 2 it. he'll eventually figure it out.
    ireshgurl

Answer by ireshgurl at 4:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• The best way I found to house train a dog or puppy is to give a sharp sound using your voice when catching him in the act, just to startle. Immediately, take the pup outside. Remember, dogs are much like children. The pup should to be old enough to have capacity to be trained. I would say about a third grown at least.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I trained my pup using a bell. I rang a bell when i took him out and he got used to it after about a week. he would ring it only when he had to pee! try that!
    armywifey6

Answer by armywifey6 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2008