Pregnant again. :(

I had my baby just 7 months ago, and my husband and I found out we're pregnant again. I'm freaking out! He was going in for a vasectomy next month! We have two boys, one is 3.5 the other is 7 months. I was really sure I didn't want anymore, and now this! I'm in shock, we used a condom EVERY TIME! Does anyone have kids 15 months apart, and have some advice for me? I'm really trying not to be sad, but I am! I'm not ready for another. :(

I'm asking anonymously because I have friends here and don't want to announce the pregnancy just yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe go to your doctor while it's so early and do something about it? If you are not ready for it and feeling sad and you already said you did not want another one, then just go and deal with it. It's your choice and your body in the end.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 4:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my nephews are 17 months apart and while it was stressful the boys are Best Friends! They were close enough together that they could have started preschool together, but my sister wanted the oldest to be "big brother" so had the youngest stay back. Oldest is an oct baby and youngest is a march baby
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well..... you actually ARE ready for another. At least according to your body. You need to realize you're only fertile a few short hours every single month. For you to have had PROTECTED sex and still get pregnant, that's pretty awesome.

Since you'd already decided your family was complete this will either be the end of your family or perhaps the beginning of someone elses.

Good luck and congratulations. It's a blessing, a miracle, and it's a sibling to your 2 sweeties who you love with all your heart already
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a 22 month old and a 5 month old. When I found out I was pregnant the second time I was not happy. I didn't want it. My husband and I were having a lot of problems and I was just starting to get back into the swing of things at work. im ashamed to say it but I didn't want my son until a week after he was born. And then I fell completely in love with him. We got counseling, worked stuff out and just now are getting financially stable. I know how you feel. It's hard and sometimes unbearable but it will turn out ok in the end.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 5:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well sometimes Nature likes to surprise us and you have a surprise. I hope your hub is still getting fixed right?? You will be fine. Yes it will be tiring at times, but that's part of the package. Congratulations and best of luck to you
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My friend has a daughter born in January 2009, and another daughter born in December 2009. She said she loves having them so close. And she's expecting her third in June. I think you'll be just fine. =)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Our oldest 2 are 16 months (not quite) apart. Granted, I didn't have an older child, but my older had no problems when the younger came along. The bottle wasn't an issue (she reverted back to it for about 3 hours), we hadn't begun potty training yet (and by the time she was ready, #2 was ready too and potty trained herself while we trained #1).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I just had a surprise pregnancy that I had mixed emotions about as we were not planning on having any more. I have just told myself not to be negative and think positive. And it wasn't in our plan, bit in god's. And I think everything happens for a reason. You can do it momma! Best of luck!!!!!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 2:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011