can I safely lose my weight while gaining baby weight?

I am not pregnant yet, but I have started getting in shape and trying to lose weight. I am 30 lbs overweight. I am trying to get pregnant but I am scared to death of being one of those moms that are so overweight already that you cant even tell she is pregnant. I want to start running, and hopefully lose some weight before baby comes, but if I gain another 30 lbs like I did with my first pregnancy I will be freaking 200 lbs and I dont think I can handle that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• Start running now and you can keep running throughout your pregnancy! There is nothing wrong with losing weight during a pregnancy as long as you are still taking care of yourself and your baby (i.e. taking vitamins, drinking plenty of liquids, exercising, so forth). Best of LUCK! Hope you lose the weight and GET PREGNANT! YAY for babies!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It is fine to lose weight until you get pregnant, then when you are, dont diet, just eat sensibly and hopefully you wont put too much babyweight on. GL hun xxx
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 5:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i agree with above and hope u get ur baby soon
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I was overweight before I got pregnant and ended up for the first 6 months losing weight, not because of dieting mind you. I ended up gaining the weight back + 3 lbs. So just because you're oveweight doesn't mean you gain a bunch of weight. Eat sesibly and smaller portions more often. I couldn't eat large amounts and got full but ate more often. It also didn't help up until about 6 months I felt nauseous every time I ate and I ended up having major gallbladder attacks. So at 19 weeks pregnant had to have mygallbladder and appendix taken out at once. Good luck, remember every pregnancy is different!
    MicaMommy2Be

Answer by MicaMommy2Be at 7:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2011