Can you fake any accents?

Can you fake any accents?

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 5:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I already have a mix of two accents (British and Canadian) but I can do a pretty good Irish accent.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I can fake a british accent (I'm american) and a new york accent. Among others...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I'm actually a pretty good mimic. I *think* I can fake pretty much any accent I hear. I got to test my British accent on some Brit teenagers while I was in London and they said it was perfect, sounded real. I knew they weren't just being nice because my friend tried hers on them and they just kinda wrinkled their noses and said "no good". hahaha! I get a lot of practice on that one because I read out loud to my husband at night, and while we were reading the Harry Potter series, I did the whole thing in my accent. Now there's a British character in the one we're reading and I do it while she's talking too!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Oh, yeah. Just give me an hour to practice and I'll fake anything.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Not well!! LOL
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• LOL I pretended to have a southern accent to my mother in law over the phone she didnt know it was me! I love doing a British accent its funny my husband loves it!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Aboslutely. Just about anything. I was a musical theatre major in college and had to do numerous different accents. I also worked at the renaissance fair all through high school and college in the french section so I can do a killer french accent. No believed I was a local, they all thought I was really from France! Got FANTASTIC tips.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• All my accents sound alike :)
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011