Who Should Not Be Allowed To Have Children ?

I honestly believe that teenage girls and young women should not be allowed to have children unless they fully understand what it means to have a child. Today to many young girls dream of having someone to love them unconditionally but at what cost? I am not knocking young women who have children but at the sametime it scares me so much to see how these young girls lose their freedom of becoming a young adult. I give much credit to those young women who are able to turn their lives around and become a respectable members of society. But needless to say , I believe that if these young girls are not properly educated then we will continue to pick up where they left off by watching some not all but some girls who get on welfare. Some young women never finish high school, some young women lose much more you know what I mean. But what is more important, a child being raised by a child ??

mom2hailie

Asked by mom2hailie at 11:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• How old is too young? I had my DD when I was 23 and I was totally ready. But I also have been on my own since I was 16. Trust me, plenty of my friends had babies while still in their teens and I thought they were crazy. I ended up taking care of their kids too much. I feel like even if they seem ready and do well at first they still end up hitting 21, dating again, and realizing what they've been missing and eventually end up slacking off at some point. At least thats what most of my friends did and the kids were the ones to suffer.
    JoonBug21

Answer by JoonBug21 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• yes you are "knocking young moms" by the simple fact that you stated they should not be ALLOWED to have children.

I know plenty of young moms, and they are more mature than the older moms I know.

age and maturity level to not go hand in hand.

a 35 year old woman who has spent that long by herself with no responsibility other than herself is just as likely to "lose it" when the responsibility of being a mom hits her.

plenty of older mothers are on welfare, actually more 20-29 year olds are on it than teen mothers.
    Teenager 7.6%
    20 - 29 47.9
    30 - 39 32.7
    40 or older 11.8
    Anonymous

• Gay people
    Anonymous

• lol teenagers usually live with parents so that won't be an accuarte number now will it.
    Anonymous

• There are Lots of women who should not be allowed to have kids, and for many reasons. But there is nothing any of us can do about it. We DO NOT live in a communist or Marxist nation, Thank God!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have also been on my own sense 16 and I am was alot more mature than most 30 year olds I was 19 when I had my baby and very ready! she has every thing she needs and wants.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• um Gay ppl should be allowed to have kids. Gay isn't a disease. The kids wont get it. Yeah i know alot more older moms who aren't "good" moms then i do young. The young ones i know have degrees or good jobs. And being a good mother has nothin to do with wether your on welfare or not its how you treat you children. I'm 22 and on welfare with one child and one on the way. Not because im using the system but because im having difficulty right now. I've worked everyday of my life since 15 except since april of this year. and i am currently looking for work. There are deff ppl men and woman who maybe shouldn't have kids but i think everyone has the right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2008