SHE WONT SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SHE'S ALMOST 1!!!!!!

My DD is driving me crazy, she WILL NOT sleep throughout the WHOLE night, and she's ALMOST 1 in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's only slept through the night a handful of times. WHAT IS GOING ON?!!!! I am really going crazy, waking up every 3 hours is wearing me out, mentally and emotionally! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GO INSANE!!!!!!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 7:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I REALLY CNT ANSWER UR QUESTION BECUZ I ONLY HAVE A 1 MTH OLD BABY, BT I KNO HOW U FEEL CUZ WITH MY DAUGHTER 1 MTH U WULD THINK ALL SHE WOULD DO IS SLEEP, BT NOT AT ALL EVERY NITE SHE WAKES UP AT 2 AM N STAY UP TIL 7 EVERY NITE... BT WHAT ABOUT THE BABY BEING FULL AT NITE... U KNO A FULL TUMMY N A NICE WARM BATH IF U HAVENT DID IT IT MITE HELP!!!
    NEEKSEXI

Answer by NEEKSEXI at 7:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've tried all that, just won't work! ='( Idk what else 2 do! And 1 month..awwww.....don't worry, you got a ways to go LOL! Goodluck to us both!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my oldest didnt sleep thru the night til 16 months. now at 4 years old, she still sleeps very little. how long do you let her nap during the day? when is her bedtime? is she still using bottles/paci's?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Do you give her food during the night? Make sure she eats enough before she goes to the bed. Put enough cloths on her so it will be nice and warm. Usually children wake up during the night because they are cold. And under 1, 1.5 they don't have a blanket to put on. So put a short sleeve onesie, a long- sleeve onesie and a sleeping beg on her. And if the room is still cold than put a little heater in it. If it is enough warm she will sleep through the night. You can test the temperature in the room. If you sit down still in the room and not doing anything after 15 minutes if you feel cold than the room is too cold to sleep. You can't feel if it is cold if you are doing something or someone is on your lap. But when we sleep we need more heat than when we are active. If you find the right temperature for her to sleep than she will sleep through the whole night. GL:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• tnm - she naps 2x during the day, that might be why now that I think about it! i'm going to try and cut it down to just one long nap! She goes to bed usually 930-10pm. She still uses bottles, she never really liked a paci.

adrienn - She eats food for dinner, and then she goes down with a bottlee (bad, i know, but it's the only way to get her to go to sleep) I am going to try that as well, putting more cothes on her so she's nice and warm... I HOPE THAT HELPS!!!!!!!!!! Momma needs some sleep.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son is 10 months old, he was a terrible sleeper when he was younger. I would have to use a bottle to get him to sleep, rock him, then he would wake up 10-15 times a night for his paci..it was terrible! I went out and got a book "the no cry sleep solution, by elizabeth pantley" it did wonders! I had to sleep train him, put him down and reassure him that it was okay to sleep. he now sleeps throu the night since hes been 7 months! hope it helps, good luck!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 7:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Neither of my kids slept through the night consistently until they were about 16 months old. Don't interact with her at night. She needs to learn to put herself back to sleep. Peek in at her to make sure she is o.k., but don't interact. You will probably have a couple of bad nights, but then she will learn to put herself to sleep. Crying also tires them out and they sleep better.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well she is ONLY 1 year old and what do you consider sleeping through the night? Docs consider an 8 hour stretch without waking to be sleeping through the night. Make sure she is fed and warm and doesn't need a diaper change. Other then that some kids just want mom and dad nearby sometimes. We coslept so I didn't have too much of an issue when my children woke up.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My first didn't sleep through until he was 2 and his brother slept through early on (as defined as 6 hours), but began waking again with teething and growth spurts and all that.

Co-sleep. That's my best advice. Many 1 y/o's aren't sleeping through the night yet... it's very normal. So, do what you need to do in order to get the most amount of sleep for yourself. For us, that means co-sleeping.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• She sounds pretty normal. You have been warned that eight hours is a thing of the past, haven't you? It was one thing my mom guaranteed me, and she was right! Mine's eleven years old.... HE is the problem only part of the time. It's ALWAYS something though! Dog, husband, neighbors, house problems, work, you name it! I only get more an 3-4 hours at a time when I'm VERY sick.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2011