Any ideas for a thank you gift after staying at a friends home for the weekend?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 7:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Depending on your budget (and what they like), I like sending a gift basket with wine, nice glasses, decorative soaps, etc. It's a really thoughtful gesture, I'm sure that they will appreciate anything. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would find out what the friends like and customize the gift to fit them-- like maybe a gift card to a favorite restaurant, or a bottle of wine, or maybe a coffee basket or chocolates, or maybe a pretty candle or home decor item (if they collect certain things).....
    One thing we always did when we spent the weekend with sil was we would take sil's family out for supper and treat them to a meal a the restaurant of their choice.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We (friends and me) make what we call "stash boxes" for each other when we are thanking each other. I usually go to the dollar tree and pick up a decorative box and fill it with Gum, Hershey bars, M&M's, and other goodies. We all give them to each other and keep them in our rooms so we have our own "stash" away from the kids lol. I know it sounds silly but you can get really creative with them. I also put gag stashes in them (think condoms, little rubber chickens etc lol).
    If you need to get for a whole family I get them either a gift card so they can all go eat out (Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc) or a large fruit basket to share.

Answer by gemgem at 8:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• When we stay somewhere we usually make a nice dinner for the friends who we stay at. We don't really do presents because you never know what they want. And they usually come around into our house so noone owes anyone:) But I think a nice bottle of wine and some chocolate is nice to give:) We usually do:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• A nice card saying thank you and maybe a candle or gift card to there favorite place to eat.
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I usually give flowers and something that matches the decor in their home.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2011