My son wakes up in the middle of the night screaming his head off and fussing. I have no idea whats causing it. he does this atleast 8 times a night and is almost 6 months old. what could be causing this.

Travismom21

Asked by Travismom21 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is this a new thing? My guy occasionally starts screaming if he has a bad bout of gas, but that's about it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my guess is gas, or maybe teething have you checked his gummers lately?
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• maybe dreaming of a game he has played where he got scared, like peeka boo....My little guy does this from time to time....after he plays with my neice and nephew, who dont play peek a boo like momma.... they do it fast and it gives him a scare.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Teething!!!!!!!! thats what my baby gurl is doing right now
    innocentmama

Answer by innocentmama at 1:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It may be gas or it may be something more..ever thought of colic and during the night its just his colic time? try gripwater. you will be surprised it helps alot.
    Mrs.Jane

Answer by Mrs.Jane at 2:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my son does this occasionally and my first thought was that he was dreaming of a big man in a white over coat coming at him with a knife!(circumcision). just kidding, most of the time its because a noise spooks him, so i now turn on reggae for him(the beat is soothing and monotone) so that he cannot hear background noise.
    babymommasdrama

Answer by babymommasdrama at 3:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• this could be constpation,try fruit during the day and it could very well be getting eye teeth through and boy there both painful.by giving him fruit during the day he will fill his nappy a few times but at least it would help ease the pain of constpation,also give him panodol before bed amd see how you get on.this worked for my kids and even today it still helps them
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Sounds like an ear infection... How long has this been going on?
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• one word TEETHING!!! lol thats what i have heard from every mother i know..every time their baby got a tooth..they'd wake up scremaing :D
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008