Are there natural ways to stop bedwetting in kids and adults?

I was a bedwetter when I was a kid, my ex was a bedwetter, and our kid is one as well, and it can be frustrating sometimes. Lately I've been find myself wetting the bed and I'm in my mid-twenties. I've always been a deep sleeper, but this is ridiculous to wake up wert because I've peed on myself. I know about all the basic things to stop bedwetting, such as, no drinking water or anything else too close to bedtime and the other things like that. However, what I really want to know is if there is a natural way to cure bedwetting for good? I really feel like bedwetting never fully goes away just because a person reaches adulthood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• I was a wetter until I was 13.  It is a sleep problem not a bladder problem and it is hereditary so my youngest was a wetter too.  We got her signed up with Pacific Iinternational http://www.stopwetting.com/ this is there site.  It helped my daughter tremendously she was dry in 3 months.  There is no medicine, they teach you how to train the brain to communicate with the bladder during deep sleep which is usually the case with someone who wets the bed.  Hope this helps. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i wet the bed until i was about 12 years old. what my mom had to do was wake me up in the middle of the night to take me. she had to do this over and over for weeks until i was finally able to wake myself up in the night to go. heavy sleepers sometimes just can't wake themselves up when they feel the urge or hold it til morning. my 4 year old wets the bed too, and i wake her up before i go to bed (around 11pm) and she is usually dry in the morning.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Have you tried doing kegel exercises?  Easy and I have found them to be helpful.  GL

http://women.webmd.com/tc/kegel-exercises-topic-overview

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've done that before, but I find for my child that it only breaks precious sleep that is needed to be well rested and I have to deal with crankiness the next day. For myself, I've been having a few accidents some nights and I always go to the bathroom before I go to bed, and I wake up several times throughout the night because I am constantly having to use the bathroom at night.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I am glad you asked. DD wet her's twice last night. We are looking for possible solutions too. I feel so bad for her.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It is definately heriditary and I find it to be problematic. I know that the real term is Enuresis and it is a sleep problem because my child is a deep sleeper like I am. We just don't feel it at night when we have to use the bathroom. My problem is either I am having a dream that I am using the bathroom and when I wake up I am usually wet, or I pee on myself in my sleep and I don't feel it until it's too late.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2011