the good the bad and the ugly of...

teeth whiting at home
thinking i want to whiten a bit, have not ever done this
any good at home ones to try
and bad ones to avoid
stories/experiences you had with one or another

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• ive starting using pronamel toothpaste. it has whitening effects because it strengthens the enamel on your teeth, making it harder for things that naturally stain the teeth to stain them. ive used crest white strips, but they always slide off my teeth. they did work though, but i think aquafresh trays would probably be better because they dont slide. arm &hammer with baking soda is great too. my dad always suggests just making your own "paste" out of water and baking soda and brushing with it. im too scared to try it though lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Crest White Strips!! I asked my dentist about his teeth-whitening program, he said that the Crest White Strips worked just as good as what he does in his office.

I also use Peroxide to keep them white after I use the strips, it does help!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• They all work really well, I've tried a few of them. I can't say one works better than the other, they all work good. I'm a big coffee drinker, so my teeth can get stained. What i find that works the best though, is just dipping my toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide & brushing with that a few times a day. All those teeth whiteners use hydrogen peroxide gel anyway & they're expensive. A bottle of peroxide is a lot cheaper.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I use the crest 3d white toothpaste and it works fabulous!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 9:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Crest White Strips work the best I think
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011