LABOR BALL

WHAT DOES THE LABOR BALL DO FOR YOU? BOUCING ON IT CAN THAT CAUSE CONTRACTIONS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no it doesn't cause contractions ;o)

while in labor, sitting on the ball helps gravity work for bringing baby down into the birth canal and the position you sit on the ball helps open your pelvis for easier delivery.

Anonymous

• it helps your cervix open up and get ready for labor, it also brings the baby down for and easier delivery.. it so worked for me.. i was in labor for 1 hour unbelievable huh..
    Anonymous

• It helps to widen the hips and pelvis to allow baby to come down (and can also be quite comfortable!)...but it didn't work at all for me! It could potentially cause contractions, as any activity can, but the main reason it's used for is to spread your legs. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• ohhh labor ball!
    yay! i fell in love with that thing in the delvery room :]
    it helped me cope with my HORRIBLE contractions and it was super comfy to sit on and if your sit on it and rock your hips side to side it helps bring the baby into the birthcanal and helps spread your hips wider for yhe baby :]
    i wish i had one at home right now cuz their also soo much fun!
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 4:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2008