I just got back from caregiving my parents and now it is my brother's turn and I called in the morning like I always do and he told me first that he hung up the phone on my son because he needs to grow up because the Jets lost HUH are you kidding me?

My brother is 54 years old and needs to grow up and man up a little. Then he proceeds to tell me he need someone to sleep over for Thursday HUH are you again joking because I feel like a yo yo two hours away communting and they have family 10 mins away there.My mother had told me to take a week off and ignore the comments but this really driving a wedge in the family. He keeps answering the phone for her and it is really annoying. What should I say to him? He is the oldest and also on the will as in charge just in case my mom becomes incapacitated or dies. Help.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• These situations are usually rough and have been known to destroy family. Learn to pick and choose battles now. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You just gotta choose your battles. He's acting like a 2 year old it sounds, but these kinds of situations can turn ugly REALLY quick.
    mna_823

Answer by mna_823 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What a situation to be in, I'm sorry. Set your bounderies, tell your brother what the schedule is and hold your ground. What an immature jerk. Taking care of sick parents is really hard.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Thanks Ladies, I need all the support I can get. I never thought I would be in a position like this. I will ignore what he said about my son and just stand my ground about helping out .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well first some things you really have to just brush off. everyone in this situation is under alot of stress between jobs and careing for your parents. as for the thursday nite tell him that you cant that you just did your week and you already have plans for that nite that you cant break and you will see him the next time its your turn to caregive. as for the will well no one can change that except for your parents unless you want to really make a huge family fight and take it to court inwhich case it would prolly break a fragile family and you would prolly end up takeing care of things on your own.
    you just have to vent to yourself or a friend and brush some things off. pick your battles carefully in this situation otherwise you could have a huge fight on your hands.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't care abou the will.He would not be that low to take money from us.Two other family members have a major issue with that. But he gets bossy and does not realize his condescending tone just becaue he is on that list means when my mom has died or can not make decisions do to her stroke she just got. She is fine now but he acts so bossy with everyone. I ignore him I am the youngest also so it just bothers me when he wants to talk down as to jumping back and forth with the schedule.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011