What do you do to stay in shape?

Cafe Kristin

Asked by Cafe Kristin at 9:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• minimiz my portions and hoopercise almost every day
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Exercise and cut down on fats.

Answer by Bmat at 9:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Eat right, taking in the appropriate amount of calories for my body type, age, and activity level and minimizing processed foods as much as possible.
    Exercise regularly--IMO, walking up the stairs, parking 25 feet away from the storefront, etc does NOT count as exercise. It's nice to do those things, but our bodies need regular, intense exercise, not only to burn fat and calories but to obtain cardiovascular benefits. I run, do aerobics, lift light weights, do yoga/pilates, swim, kickbox, and do high intensity interval training.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I eat....Round is a shape. :P

No, seriously, I try to sneak exercise in daily...I don't have time for a scheduled workout yet...so I'll park at the far end of the parking lot, make a couple extra rounds around the store (with kids in the cart), use a full bottle of water as a mini-handweight while sitting at the desk making phone calls, etc. In addition I try to watch my portion size and fat/sugar intake =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Specifically. I made it my work. I "try" to eat healthy. Fruits, veggies, limit breads/pastas, but they are important. I do splurge now and then, but not often. Turkey, chicken, tuna, and sushi for protiens. Nuts as well. I also run.swim. I sign myself up for races and marathons, not expected to be the best, but it gives me a goal to work on, and I have gone from not being able to fun for more then 10 minutes to now I can run for an hour straight and I accomplish 5-7 miles at leat once a week. I recently started swimming. I am going to get lifeguard certified next month, and start working at Aquatics. It's a job that will help me stay in shape. I try and swim for 30min to an hr 3-4 days a weeks. I may swim 1000 meters, may swim 1600, or anywhere between. Swimming is very relaxing once you learn the technique.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well, right now I'm not really in shape but I'm working on that and my number one thing is drinking lots of water. And I think one of the best things with exercising is stretching.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I try and walk on the tread mill 30-45 minutes every other day. I use stairs and not escalators when possible also. I use to go to Yoga, but after major back surgery I haven't lately.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with mainemusicmaker. I also use my nephew & 9 month old as hand weights LOL
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do a lot of yoga, and in the warmer months I hike and play tennis. And then there is the 35 lb monster that I carry around a lot :)
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• house chores mainly
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011