What to do?

dating the almost perfect man for the last 4 years. He does everything around the house from dishes to laundry, trash and yard work, but can't seem to get off his &*$ and get a job I have threatened, cried, begged, looked for a job for him and still he just relies on me to pay everything and its starting to get rough can't rob Peter to pay Paul anymore he is broke. He treats me like a queen in every aspect but helping with the bills, what do I do? My boss says I should make him leave until he takes on some responsibility and gets a job........... I'm so stressed all the time it's killing me, Please give me some direction..............

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 9:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• It's wonderful that he treats you so well - but he needs to be responsible and get a job. He is causing the financial stress in your household, he needs to step up and help. I'm inclined to agree with your boss; tell him that he has a certain amount of time to get a job or he's going to have to leave. It almost sounds like he is doing so much around the house to convince you that he doesn't need to work. IMO, that's a little manipulative.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:49 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Scuba has said it all, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You sound just like my boss and I know you all are right but I am stupid he treats me so good and I do love him and do not want to lose the good things we do have, guess I just have to hold my head high and stick to my guns so much easier said then done...........ugggggghhhhhh I hate this but I know if I don't it's never gonna change............Thanks Scuba
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Scuba's on a roll today with a few other answers too! But she is right!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have to agree with your boss.
    mna_823

Answer by mna_823 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with all that was said above, but I would add that when you talk to him, make sure you impart how much you appreciate everything he DOES do. It would really stink to have to lose a good man because he didn't feel appreciated for the wonderful things about himself.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2011