way tmi sorry adult content

Im 32 weeks and have noticed blood when i poop. Only when i wipe... Is this a sign im getting hemmroids or something is wrong? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be hemorrhoids, you should talk to your OB about it. Don't worry, that's fairly common toward the end of pregnancy (I had it with all 3 of my kids, but after they were born they went away.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• That is a sign of them yes.  I had the same thing happen.  And don't apologize for TMI, it's normal.  It can get worse but your pregnancy is almost over mama so don't worry about it.  I would of course, talk to your Dr. about it and make sure that's what it is but it sounds normal and common.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with Scuba, it could be hemorrhoids but does sound like a call into the office to let your ob know would be a good idea!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• it could also be an anal fissure caused by a large and/or hard bowel movement. also normal.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If it is only when you have a bowl movement and is coming from there, then it sounds like hemorrhoids. If you have no swelling (hemorrhoids) around your anus then they are internal. I would let your OBGYN know on your next visit so they can check you. I had really bad external hemorrhoids at the end of my last pregnancy. It is normal but worth mentioning it to the Dr. Are you taking a Prenatal with a stool softener? It may make it easier to have a bowl movement. Also the Dr. may say you can take Colace over the counter to help too without having to strain as much. Hope you feel better soon.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would lean more towards it being fissures from harder stool as another poster mentioned.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011