stroller help please!

My youngest just turned one and we are looking to downsize on our number of strollers and also want this to be our last stroller purchase. We are moving to upstate New York in a few months and want a good stroller that can handle walking to and from the bus stop in the winter. We are willing to spend the money if it means one that lasts. Should we get a sled for that time of year that i can pull? We also have a wagon it that good? any help with this would be great.

tiffanyv123

Asked by tiffanyv123 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe a sled but I think a wagon would be hard to pull. I would recommend a jogging Stroller with one big wheel in the front since it will be easier to push than a stroller with 4 small wheels. You can also get a plastic rain cover for it so it will protect the baby in the wind, rain & snow.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:15 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think the sled is an extremely good idea!  It's fun and still functions.  Go mama!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Upstate New York has some seriously treterous (sp?) winters. I lived in Ithaca for a year and walked about a half-one mile to the bus stop for a few weeks in the winter. It was miserable.. However, A heavy duty gardening wagon would be nice. They sell them at Lowe's in the lawn and Garden department (Ours are sold in the green house portion) and have a sturdy frame and wheels. However, that doesn't do much to protect them from the wind and falling snow. Therefore, I suggest either buying a cover for the wagon or going with an all terrain stroller. They have three wheeled strollers that are meant for hiking, jogging, and other outdoor activities. Which means dirt roads, paved roads, etc. I think either that or the wagon would work best for you. As long as it has a cover.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011