when do you think i should.....................

about 4 weeks ago i took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came back possitive. this is my second child however he is 9 and ive been out of the baby loop for awhile. i didnt go to the doctor when i was pregnant with him till i was about 4 months pregnant and he turned out amazing. when do you think i should go in for my first dr. appointment? i wanna be able to find out how far along i am at that time too... ne feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

mommabear9

Asked by mommabear9 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I say call the doc now. I did right after i knew. i was 8 wks when i found out.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• id go right away i didnt go til 20 weeks with my first but it is good i went early with this one cause im on bedrest now i could had lost this one
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My doctor usually doesn't like to see women until 8-10 weeks. If you aren't sure of your last period, they can do an ultrasound to tell you how far along you are.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Call now and ask when your doctor WANTS to see you.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Go in now. The first visit is mostly paperwork, and then your doctor can schedule your first "real" visit for whenever he wants to.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• ask the dr when they want u to come. most say between 8-10 weeks cuz then they can do the vag ultrasound to see the little tiny sac...
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am not going to mine until next Monday, and I will be 16 weeks. People of course call me crazy, but they can knock out blood work, paperwork, and anything else then... I personally think a lot of times they want to see you that early to A: get all your info, and B: charge your insurance for no reason... I take prenatals, and do what I can, they see you the first time and then either schedule an Ultrasound, or say "see ya in a month!" so it's not as big of a deal as many seem to think it is.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2008