Shower Doors.... Love them or hate them?

We have one and I completely hate it. I wish that it was not there and we could just put up a shower curtain. If you take it down then there is holes in the surround. I was just wondering if anyone really liked them?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 10:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hate them.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I hate mine. They are a pain to clean.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hate em.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• HATE. I always manage to accidentally push them open and wet the whole bathroom. I prefer curtains, somehow I have less mishaps.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I hate them too. We have the sliding ones in the track, but I've had the hinged as well....they are simply so hard to keep clean!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My mother just had them removed and it is much easier to get in and out of the shower due to health issues but as long as you are handy it can be doene so quickly.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i like curtains, i buy the nice water proof ones that you can throw in the washing machine. I hated the door in my old house, they do get gross.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I hate tub doors. If there is a shower/tub combo, I think a curtain is so much better. In our master bathroom, the shower is separate from the tub and glass on two sides, so obviously we couldn't do a curtain. We squeegee it off after every shower so it doesn't get water spotted. It shines up really nicely with just a magic eraser, and ever few months we use Rain-X on it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I hate them. A pain to clean. I would rather have shower curtains.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm glad to see that most of you hate them. We recently redid our master bathroom and were thinking about putting a door on the shower. We kept going back and forth on it and I'm glad that we didn't get one since you all hate them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011