Family?Privacy?

My husband bought a house literally 5 minutes away from my mothers house. She became very ill when I was about 16 (now 23) and I vowed to stay somewhat close to her no matter what so that I could help her out if needed. Oddly enough my 27 year old sister still lives at home with my mother, and both have taken full advantage of us living so close. We have a 3 year old son and are expecting our 2nd child in July. My mother and sister pop up at my house, unannounced randomly and being pregnant, I'm not as thrilled for surprise company. They do not come in the house, they sit in the drive way and lay on the horn and then expect me to come outside, because they don't want to come in. And of course with it being January it is very cold outside. But in the same situation myself and my family can't go to her house unannounced because their all females and I have a husband and a son. Why is it they don't think I deserve the same privacy. How can I get them to understand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• A sit down conversation should solve this.  I find sitting outside and honking the horn to be extremely freaking rude.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You need to be blunt, sounds like they might deserve that bluntness.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree BE BLUNT...also, you might tell them that your neighbors don't appreciate the horn blasting. I think it's extremely inconsiderate to sit outside of someone's house and honk the horn....the whole neighborhood has to listen to it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• honking the horn is RUDE! tell them how u feel. girl you have got to lay down the law!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I agree with everyone else you really need to talk to them about this bc if you dont do it now then its probably going to get worse. Good luck
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Have a talk and tell them, and tell them not to come to your house just say while you are prgnant its really difficult to have people just come by, Tell them they are well come as long as they call first to meake sure you are up for company
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011