What is a good book for preschool activity ideas?

I am currently a stay-at-home mom with a 3-year old and a 19-month old. I find myself "lacking" creative ideas for play, both imaginative and educational. I find searching online to be time-consuming and a little overwhelming. I'd rather have a book I can grab in the morning or whenever we need a new idea for our play. Any suggestions for good books that cover a variety of topics (imagination, educational, practical, etc.) and include ideas for incoporating topics into play? I would love one with page after page of fun games.

Nickichab83

Asked by Nickichab83 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Usborne has a book called The Big Book of Playtime Activities! I LOVE that book. I give it as a gift quite often with a basket full of supplies for the activities. Sometimes you can find Usborne books in boutique toy stores, but you can find them easily on Amazon or at usborne.com.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:00 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I found books at the Dollar Tree that have helped a lot.  They have activity books for numbers and letters.  Walmart has a good selection of activity books.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Family Fun has some great ideas - it's a magazine so you'd get something new every month-ish. (I think it's one of those 10 issues a year things) Family Fun also publishes a number of books with various games, activities and crafts collected over time. We have one for "rainy days" or something like that. The kids love it. I've never used them, but I do hear good things about the Usbourne books too.

I shy away from standard workbooks. There is plenty of time for a kid to do worksheets and books when they get to elementary school. Learning now should be fun. :)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011