• In the Spotlight:

How many women would mind if their men looked at porn to get themselves off? adult content

And what if you found it started replacing sex? Also the Q is more directed towards women who either are currently satisfied with the amount of sex they are already getting or women who do not get enough. Because I am the one with the high sex drive and he has the low sex drive so I am curious to hear responses from women in a similar situation.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• if masturbation is replacing sex, or the desire to have sex with your spouse, there is a problem that goes beyond the porn itself.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• There is such a thing as an imagination that requires no external porn.

I would be very upset if he was using porn to get himself off (even if his sex drive was higher). Currently, my sex drive is higher and I don't have a problem waiting for him. It just makes it more explosive for me when we do have sex.

However, we do have sex every other day or every 3rd day at the longest so if it were like a week in between, I would be getting in a lot of shower action or vibe action but wouldn't need porn to do it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a problem with porn, period! I really cannot be convinced that it is a healthy thing. And if porn was a big part of my husband's life and I wasn't getting any...that would be a huge problem! (Btw, I'm like you...I have a very healthy libido and my husband is several years older than I am, so as my libido gets crazier his goes down the drain...very annoying.)
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:22 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Porn is not okay at all.  We have agreed that neither of us will look at it, watch it, anything because it makes the other feel badly.  I would certainly not be okay with it.  We have a decent sex life and I am not getting any more sex than he is.  If I have to wait, so does he, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i was in the same situation and it caused alot of problems in my marriage. we have since jumped that hurtle and are okay now.. actually we are TTC now. what helped me was comminuication or a frying pan ;) works wonders!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would have a problem with that. Men masterbating is a normal thing even if they are in a relationship.And it has been shown that they can get a additction to porn. But yes I would be offended.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't have a problem with porn. It's like anything else. In moderation, it's not harmfull. If my hub used porn to replace ME, then yes I would be upset. But if he used ANYTHING as a replacement for me I would e pissed. Whether it's porn, video games, drinking...they all can have a devestating affect on a marriage
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I asked a previous Q...asking if it would bother you if your men was masturbating without porn? Most of the answers said that their men masturbating was perfectly fine. What is the difference if they are still thinking about other women and probably in much more creative ways then the computer can come up with?
    AmyLynn5398

Comment by AmyLynn5398 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• The imagination is a wonderful thing. They can be thinking of other women without having actual visual knowledge of what they look like. However, if they are looking at porn, they do know exactly what that women looks like.

Imagination is natural, porn is not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a high sex drive. My SO has spent so much of his life "taking care of himself" that he doesn't really even see it as a sex act. That's where we differ. He sees it as his morning cup of coffee (since he doesn't drink it) it's the thing that wakes him up and gets him moving. He says he doesn't even fantasize half the time (whether I believe that or not) but sometimes its to porn.

I don't have a problem with it because our sex (when we have it) is amazing. It's only once or twice a week with our schedules but we both give each other full permission to take care of ourselves in the mean time. Actually last night he woke me up when he came to bed and I was feeling frisky- he wasn't. He told me to go a head and do what I needed to do. I asked him if he wanted me to go in the bathroom- he said "no". He wound up getting so turned on that we wound up having amazing sex anyway!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011