Always Infinity pads adult content

I have been using the always infinity pads and just recently started having problems with them. For some reason during my past two periods it seems that I am having a reaction to the pads. I become itchy and end up getting very irritated down there. The first episode was mild but this past period it is much worse. Has this happened to anyone else?

I am going to go to the doctors because It still has not totally cleared up. Any input would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• FWIW I think they use the same gel stuff that the new Pampers Cruisers uses (they're both P&G companies). And I have heard that a lot of babies had bad reactions to those. So I have a feeling it's what is irritating you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yep, I always have used Always pads, but the new Infinity ones are HORRIBLE. I get the same exact thing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• This just reminded me...have you read this before? Always (excuse the pun) cracks me up!

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always Maxi Pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuardCore(tm) or Dri-Weave(tm) absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse”? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Have you ever had a period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse”? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills”. Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from "Aunt Flo". Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying, and out-of-control behavior.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:50 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period." Are you freaking kidding me? Does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a period?

misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Kmart armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life i n a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong", or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull shit.

And that's a promise I will keep.

misses_nick

• I would much rather advertising executives tell me to "have a happy period" than "have a horrible period."
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Btw, on a more relevant note...I can't use "conventional" pads because of the chemicals in them causing me to have skin reactions. I use Seventh Generation and find that they work just as effectively...and with none of the chemical irritation.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol. Actually I have seen that. My mom sent it to me in an email. I still think it is hilarious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2011