For the frugal moms, do you make your own natural deodorant?

I 'm looking for a recipe for all-natural homemade deodorant and would like to know if anyone has any good recipes.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• I have made my own (not anymore, I am constantly running after my 19 month old, and it just doesn't hold up enough), but I made it 50% cornstarch and 50% baking soda - mixed in lavendar essential oils, and brushed it on using a blush brush (a new one that was designated for the armpits, hehe).
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 1:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've tried the aluminum-free ones and they don't work that well. Better than nothing but not quite good enough.
    Anonymous

• Bump because I'm curious about it, too. One of the best deodorants I've ever used was one of those crystal stick things that you dampen and apply. I loved those and now I can't find them. I've been using Jason's (I think) or Tom's. I can't remember which, but it smells sooo good. I'd love to be able to make some, though. Good luck with answers!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Nope, because they don't work for me. I have tried OTC and homemade natural deodorants.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I want to avoid the aluminum that is in store-bought deodorants and I made some with baking soda and cornstarch, and although it worked, it was messy.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You can buy aluminum free deodorants.  There's no need to try & make your own.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No, they don't work.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I think they make eco friendly deo you might wanna try that to save you the hassle of trying to make something that might not work.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011