fact or fiction... tax child credit, no income...???? found this on internet

Yes you are still eligible the child tax credit even if you have 0 income. Most people don't realize this and quite honestly I don't agree with it but the fact is that you can. File the EZ form.

You do not need "earned income" to receive the child tax credit

Add: I find it amazing how ignorant the other responses are about this issue. I have to wonder if any of the other people responding to this question have put this into practice or are they just assuming because had they ever attempted to utilize the credit with no earned income they would not be telling you to ignore advice that at best gets you a refund and at worst gets you none.

My advice is grab an EZ form and complete it, as you do it will walk you through the required info and at the end you will see that you are in fact entitled to utilize the child tax credit. Worst case scenario is that you are not eligible and you lose 30 minutes of your time. Try it I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• you have to pay our some kinda taxes to your state or the gov before you can get the child credit.
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Ohhhhhhhh!  I didn't know that.  My hub files but wow, that's nice to know!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yep its true. My dh only had unemployment last year and if not for my home based business at the time and college we wouldnt have gotten a child credit. His lack of income would have ruined it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011