sleep issues

My 4 yo has now pretty much thinks sleep is evil. Started off having to have a nightlight. Which wasn't an issue. Now she's afraid of the closet, door has to be cracked into hallway and most nights she's still awake at 11. She goers to bed at 8:30 and does not take a nap. My oither kids never had sleep issues. Oh and every morning she's in our bed. Any advice? Please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my daughter went through this phase, we put a gate up at her door, two infact...One on top of the other. She was famous for getting up in the middle of the night and roaming lol. I was pretty much a bedtime Nazi when my kids were little. I've always believed that proper sleep is just as important physically, mentally and emotionaly, as proper nutrition, discipline etc....The key is consistancy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well it was a surprise to find that she folded all her clothes in her dresser at 11 the other night. Last night we literally stood next to her bed until she fell asleep. No naps during the day and sleeping at night she may be getting 7 hours if we're lucky and I know thats not enough. Dr says nothing medically.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a 3 year old who also HATES to sleep - since birth has not been a good sleeper - he has a green nightlight which is said to be more calming than the normal white light . we have also tried blue which helps also - we went through the special bedtime animal.stories / monster spray - he also see's "grandpa's in his closet " so what is helping THIS time, is a mini LED flashlight he can sleep with.. I end up in his bed still some nights but I guess that's the same problem with her ending in your bed.. I wish I had answers..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My daughter would bring food into her bed in the middle of the night, ate a whole box of oreos one night lol. Yup, that's when the gate went back UP!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011