i have a question on shots and anyone that is going to go the opposite way on my beliefs dont even read this. thanks

Did anyone have problems with the nurse when they told them not to give your baby shots? I kno im gunna sign the waiver but jeeze, i know nurses get really upset and still try to push it on you.. does this drive you nuts? lol

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 5:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oddly enough I agree AND disagree with you, so please read all the way through, I am not answering this to argue :). I have had my daughter vaccinated from day one, However I did not want her to receive the CHicken pox vaccine for various reasons. At her one year check up the nurse marched in, popped three shots into her leg and left before my husband and I even knew what had happened. Well guess what, she ended up with the chicken pox vaccine because of that nurse. I was livid. I won't go into how I dealt with it but the moral of the story is this...If you want something that goes against the norm for how things are done... be vocal, be obnoxious, and make sure everyone know. Good luck and congratulations.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I had no problems, but I went in prepared for a fight.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• lol yea im definitely prepared lol i remember when my sister had her daughter she wanted me right there next to her when she told them and the nurse was sooo irritated lol. were u worried when you would fall asleep or anything? did u have family members there that knew u didnt want to vax ur baby?? just in case??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i'm not trying to offend you, believe me cuz i'm sure you have your reasons, but why wouldn't you want to have your child vaccinate? and what happens when he/she goes to school and because she was vaccinate since birth she can't attend the school til she gets the shots she missed. is it a specific kind of vaccinate that you don't want your child to have? cuz i've gotten my kids vaccinated since they were born and so have i, so to see someone who don't want there child vaccinate is interesting to me.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i actually didnt do this but i am sure your emotions will be enough to hndle this kind of situation - just tell the nurse how you feel and if she gives you hell then give it right back!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• MommaSyrup to answer your question, you do not have to give your child shots to enter any school. you have rights it just that alot of people dont know that. the only reason i will not vax my child is because of the side effects it may cause and the ingredients in the shots... if u have any questions you can always message me and ask :) im more than happy to answer them.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• just remember you have the right to refuse any treatment you choose for you or the baby. That's on a waiver you sign to :)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i had a friend that did not vac her daughter & when it was time for school that little girl went thru pure hell ~ she had to get like i dunno 20/25 shots b4 they would let her in school,just weigh your options dear ~
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• yes
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• oh i weighed them.. should u also?? :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2008