when did you take your kids to the dentist for the first time?

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I took my kids to the dentist for the first time when they were about 18 months old.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 12:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Ask your dentist what he prefers.
    I've seen some people say they were told:
    with the first tooth
    At one year old
    At two years old
    At three years old.
    So ask your dentist what he (or she) prefers.

Mine told me 3 years old IF I think she won't bite. It's mostly to get her used to going and having someone poke in her mouth with his fingers. I'm also taking her to visit each time I or my husband get our teeth cleaned so she can get used to the office and so she can see someone sticking his fingers in our mouths.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I think he was like 2 when he went. My daughter is only 9 months old, so not yet for her.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• At one year. it's really jsut to get them used to it. Their tip, brush their teeth and put your fingers in their mouth. Get them used to people being in there so it's not a huge shock down the road.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• at almost 2
    josiahmom

Answer by josiahmom at 8:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• when the first tooth comes in. the first few times it will just be to get him used to the dentist. call a pediatric dentist and see what they suggest
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 10:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2008